CSEdResearch.org, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization specializing in computer science (CS) education research. Our mission is to improve K-12 CS education for all children by enabling and disseminating exemplary evidence-driven research, with a focus on identifying culturally relevant promising practices and transforming student learning.
We are seeking a dedicated, organized and detail-oriented Business Operations Associate (part-time) to join our non-profit organization. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our business processes, particularly in the areas of payroll, invoicing, reconciliation, and basic business operations. This position offers an opportunity to make a meaningful impact by supporting the administrative functions that help our organization achieve its mission.
- Process payroll and reimbursements bi-monthly.
- Manage the posting and reconciliation of invoices, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
- Conduct various administrative tasks related to business operations, help maintain up-to-date records and documentation for compliance purposes, and assist with financial audits and compliance reporting.
- Support the administration of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefits offered by the organization, including assisting employees with benefits-related inquiries through our dedicated external HR team.
- Maintain organized records of contracts, amendments, and related documentation.
- Support organization and project level budgets in a dedicated software system.
- Assist in preparing budgets for the organization and individual projects, including entering budgetary information into dedicated software systems.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in payroll processing, invoicing, or related business operations.
- Previous experience with payroll software and accounting systems.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with numbers accurately.
- Proficient computer skills, including spreadsheets and other relevant software (MS Office Suite and/or Google Suite).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in payroll, benefits, and business operations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Gusto
- Experience with Unanet
- Experience with compliance of federal grants
Location: Work from home.
Position: This is a part-time position at approximately 10 hours per week with potential to grow as our organization grows. Schedule may be flexible based on mutual agreement. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Expected Salary: The expected monthly salary for this position is between $30/hr and $35/hr depending upon qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Part-time employees are eligible for our 401K plan and receive a regular technology stipend to offset costs from working at home. Part-time employees will start to receive PTO in accordance with Illinois law starting in January 2024.
Travel: No travel required at this time.
To apply: Please send the following to Dan Mansfield at email@example.com:
- Cover letter, including why you are interested in working for our non-profit organization and how your skills can contribute to our non-profit organization and its mission
- Resume (1-3 pages)
- Three references with full contact details
Applications will be reviewed August 31, September 15, and September 30. Interviews will begin in early September. Early applications will be given earlier consideration. Position will start on or before October 16, 2023.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
CSEdResearch.org values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds. Key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include abilities; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with the organization’s mission, values, and goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)